Tuesday, April 14, 2009

WOW... what an awesome weekend!!

That was officially an AWESOME weekend. It was so wonderful to see Bryan again, and we decided to do the 5 hr. drive down to Carlsbad, NM on Saturday to see Carlsbad Caverns on Sunday. It was AMAZING!! I'll let you know when I post the pictures and video from our trip! This cave was 3,000 ft. underground, and you hike unbelievably steep switchbacks down into the cave for 3.5 miles before it starts to level out a bit! It was incredible. I've never seen anything like it.

The inside of the cave was HUGE. There were miles of hiking trails. We took the longest loop, and the stalactites and stalagmites and everything were just so amazing. That was definitely a weekend well spent! I got some really kick-ass pictures.

Speaking of kicking some ass, my knitting is coming along smashingly. :-P I'm making serious headway on the Delphine lacy tank top for my Mom. I'm up to the bustline now. AND ...I got my first yarn order in the mail from EatSleepKnit.com upon our return from the caverns on Sunday! It's beautiful yarn! Claudia's Handpainted Yarn - the Just Plum colorway. Mmmm.... awesomely purpleish socks... :) When I am less exhausted, I'll take a picture and show it to you.

Well, Bryan and I have decided that when he buys a "new" slightly used car in a couple months, he's going to give it to me! :-D We're going to drop my car off in Napa Valley to keep there for our monthly Napa vacations. (Napa Valley is Bryan's "homebase," so once a month his job will pay for him to take a trip there.) For now it will live in his Grandma's garage. :) But in a year or two it might be parked at our weekend condo! We're planning on getting a cheapish condo in Napa Valley or the surrounding area (Sonoma, Santa Rosa). I find this exceedingly funny coming from a couple of people who three months ago could hardly pay their heating bill. :) Oh the weird twists and turns of life....

Anyway, I am entirely exhausted. So I'm going to go to bed. There will be more tomorrow, and maybe even some pictures! Goodnight for now. Oh, and to my fellow Ravelers, Happy (belated) Bobmas! lol :) (Isn't that cute??)

Goodnight.....
~Trudy~

No comments:

Post a Comment