Monday, February 8, 2010

Blankets, babies, and waiting patiently... or not so patiently

Well, I returned home from my trip to visit friends in Champaign, Illinois. It was a VERY fun trip as it involved not only elementary and high school friends, but also BABIES! My high school friend Lauren had her first baby, John, about six weeks ago now, and I got to see his Royal Cuteness for the very first time on Saturday. I presented Lauren with the blanket that I made for her "Little Johnny" - yes, the original shown in the pictures from my new design "Little Johnny's Patchwork Blankie" - and they loved it very much! On my way home yesterday, she texted me this picture:





Isn't that adorable? :) Look at all that spiky hair! He's gellin! ....in... the hair sort of way. That or he's a mad scientist. We'll have to wait and find out as he gets older.

Well, now I've got just two more days before I set out once again! This time it's to Marengo, Illinois where my friend Cassandra and many more music friends live. I'm going to be recording backup vocals for the new professional CD she's producing, and I'm very excited to work on it! I'll also be performing at their open mic in Woodstock and meeting up with a few other friends while I'm there. I might even be teaching Cassandra to knit while I'm there!

I'm still waiting on my yarn to get here for my next designing project, so that's on hold for the moment but I should have the yarn before I leave on my trip. Hope so! I'm getting very impatient because I can't wait to start on it! Meanwhile, it's snowing, snowing, snowing here in Kansas City. Lightly, compared to the snow I grew up with in Chicago. But snowing nonetheless. I'm hoping maybe the high school I play piano for will cancel school tomorrow so I can stay home and work on the music I'm going to perform this weekend and the other knitting design that I've been working on for a little while already. No harm in wishful thinking! A girl can dream, right??

Goodnight!
~Trudy~

No comments:

Post a Comment